Heart of Haiti organization is helping to rebuild Haiti through “Trade, Not Aid.” In other words, Heart of Haiti is using commerce and culture to create social change.
Through the sale of Heart of Haiti products, artisans are able to earn life-changing income for themselves, their families, and their communities. The initiative is enabling artisans to repair homes, pay school fees, and feed and clothe their families. The income also allows them to have access to better nutrition, improved education and healthcare.
Key Interesting facts
The Heart of Haiti collection has already led to employment of 350 artists in Haiti and has provided some financial benefits for an estimated 4,000 to 5,000 people in the country.
These people are not asking for straight hand-outs! They are working hard and selling their goods! How notable!
– Each item is designed by a master Haitian artist and made by hand in Haiti
– Each product is made from recycled materials.
– The collection includes 40 different home decor items and accessories
– Products include vases, candleholders, serving trays, picture frames, mirrors, coasters, necklaces, clutch purses and more
– Most items fall in the $25-$60 range
If you want to help the organization , please check out the collection featured at Macy’s for sale! The items are beautiful!
I am writing this post to spread the word about Heart of Haiti through a Mom Bloggers Club member program and I receive a Heart of Haiti pendant as a thank you!